Kali Yoga Studio’s Teacher Training is kicking off in September 2017! Join lead instructor Abby Dobbs to learn about the fundamentals of becoming a stellar yoga teacher.
1) How to teach! Including how to: hold space, have an authentic teaching voice, use clear & concise language, and ethics & professionalism.
2) What to teach! Including: the alignment of postures, anatomy for yoga teachers, how to sequence yoga classes, pranayama (breath control) & meditation techniques.
3) How to assist! Including: hands-on assisting and how to deal with injuries, looking at bodies.
4) Yogic Philosophy! Including: the history of yoga, sanskrit, the eight-limbed path, chakras, and Jyotish.
Each training weekend will include daily 2-hour practices, in addition to lessons in the topics listed above. Expect to deepen your own personal practice and understanding of yogic philosophy throughout the training as you learn how to convey this tradition to your students.
In addition to the weekends of training, each student will be asked to have a daily yoga practice, and complete weekly reading and homework. The homework will include, but not be limited to: sequencing classes, writing class critiques, observing classes, practice teaching, and assisting classes.
The schedule: Each weekend will be 10am-6pm Saturday & Sunday with a 1-hour break for lunch.
- September 30 & October 1, 2017
- October 21-22, 2017
- November 4-5, 2017
- November 18-19, 2017
- December 2-3, 2017
- December 16-17, 2017
- January 6-7, 2018
- January 20-21, 2018
- February 3-4, 2018
- February 17-18, 2018
- March 3-4, 2018
Personal Investment: Early Bird $2,750 by August 30th 2017, Full Price $2,950 after