1) How to teach! Including how to: hold space, have an authentic teaching voice, use clear & concise language, and ethics & professionalism.
2) What to teach! Including: the alignment of postures, anatomy for yoga teachers, how to sequence yoga classes, pranayama (breath control) & meditation techniques.
3) How to assist! Including: hands-on assisting and how to deal with injuries, looking at bodies.
4) Yogic Philosophy! Including: the history of yoga, sanskrit, the eight-limbed path, chakras, Ayurveda, and Vedic Astrology.
Each training weekend will include daily practices, in addition to lessons in the topics listed above. Expect to deepen your own personal practice and understanding of yogic philosophy throughout the training as you learn how to convey this tradition to your students.
In addition to the weekends of training, each student will be asked to have a daily yoga practice, and complete weekly readings and homework. The homework will include, but not be limited to: sequencing classes, writing class critiques, observing classes, practice teaching, and assisting classes.
- Prerequisites:minimum of 2 years of regular yoga practice experience, the ability to practice crow pose and Sun Salutation A & B. Handstand highly recommended.
- During Training: 100% attendance and 100% homework completion
The schedule: Each weekend will be 10am-6pm Saturday & Sunday with a 1-hour break for lunch.
- January 6-7, 2018
- January 20-21, 2018
- February 3-4, 2018
- February 24-25, 2018
- March 17-18, 2018
- April 7-8, 2018
- April 21-22, 2018
- May 5-6, 2018
- May 19-20, 2018
- June 9-10, 2018
- June 23-24, 2018
Personal Investment: Early Bird $2,750 by December 6th 2018, Full Price $2,950 after
To apply: email email@example.com for the application.